If you have been charged with a domestic violence offense in Nevada, you may be facing time in prison, higher fines, restraining orders, and widespread counseling. A conviction could also impact your ability to see your kids, negatively affect your employment as well as ruin your reputation. Hence, having DV lawyers of Las Vegas for your legal representation is necessary. A criminal defense lawyer fight to defend the rights of people charged with these severe crimes. They comprehend how severe the penalties are and work hard to take the burden off you during this complex time.
Here are evidences that the prosecutor can try to use against you includes:
- Medical reports documenting wounds of the victim
- Witness testimony
- Any history of domestic violence
- Your own admission like I have pushed him/her, but I never hit him/her
- Alleged sufferer’s testimony
- Pictures of injuries such as bruises and cuts
Defenses a lawyer present on your behalf:
- The wound was self-inflicted – The alleged sufferer may make injuries in order to frame you. A professional witness can scrutinize the wounds and provide a statement that explains how the wounds were self-inflicted.
- The injury was the result of a mishap – When an injured individual goes to the hospital, and the wounds look distrustful, medical personnel informs the police. If it is a misfortune, the supposed victim and suspected abuser can usually explain the situation. The police force will make no capture. However, if there are numerous accidents and several hospital visits, the accident clarification may not be supposed and may consequence in prosecution. The Las Vegas criminal defense attorney is aware of all the situations and can help you get out of this.
- You were acting in self-protection – You can be defensible in using force to defend yourself from damage. If your situation was a case of self-protection, you should make certain to manuscript any injuries and take note of witnesses who can substantiate your version.
- The accusations are false – As a tactic in child custody or visitation dispute, an individual may blame the other of abuse. Even if accuse against you is unproven, you must provide evidence that ascertains that the allegation is a lie.
Facing domestic violence/battery charges is an actually stressful time. Often a simple mistake or mishap can go on your criminal record and make it very hard to get a residence, loan, or an occupation in the future. Since stabbing and sequence can be charged as either wrongdoing or a misdemeanor, it is necessary to have an extremely experienced Las Vegas domestic violence lawyer on your side. This is because a criminal defense lawyer knows what to do in each of the courts to defend their client.